- Standards-making organizations - Recognize the standards and regulatory organizations in the country of residency. In the United States, these would include organizations such as OSHA, ANSI, ASTM, IEEE, NETA, NFPA, EPA, and related areas of authority. Indicate familiarity with NFPA 70B Electrical Equipment Maintenance, and NFPA70 National Electrical Code, and NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
- Standards and Regulatory Organizations Quick reference of standards and regulatory organizations in the United States such as OSHA, ANSI, ASTM, IEEE, NETA, NFPA, EPA, and related areas of authority.
- NFPA 70: National Electrical Code The primary purpose of the NEC is the practical safeguarding of persons and property from electrical hazards. The National Electrical Code addresses the installation of electrical conductors, equipment, and raceways; signaling and communications conductors, equipment, and raceways; and optical fiber cables and raceways in commercial, residential, and industrial occupancies.
- NFPA 70B: Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance This Standard explains why an effective Electrical Preventive Maintenance (EPM) Program is essential to protect lives and property, how to plan and develop an EPM, protection for maintenance personnel, and guidance concerning all types of equipment and assemblies.
- NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace Includes guidance for making hazard identification and risk assessments, selecting appropriate PPE, establishing an electrically safe work condition, and employee training.
- NETA Standards - Have basic knowledge of the technical requirements of ANSI/NETA Standard for Acceptance Testing Specifications for Electrical Power Equipment and Systems (ANSI/NETA ATS) and the ANSI/NETA Standard for Maintenance Testing Specifications for Electrical Power Distribution Equipment and Systems (ANSI/NETA MTS).
- ANSI/NETA ATS: Standard for Acceptance Testing Specifications for Electrical Power Equipment and Systems Suggested field tests and inspections that are available to assess the suitability for initial energization and final acceptance of electrical power equipment and systems.
- ANSI/NETA MTS: Standard for Maintenance Testing Specifications for Electrical Power Equipment and Systems Suggested field tests and inspections that are available to assess the suitability for continued service and reliability of electrical power distribution equipment and systems.
- ANSI/NETA ECS: Standard for Electrical Commissioning Specifications for Electrical Power Equipment and Systems These specifications assure that tested electrical equipment and systems are operational, are within applicable standards and manufacturer's tolerances, and are installed in accordance with design specifications.
- ANSI/NETA ETT: Standard for Certification of Electrical Testing Technicians Codifies the experience, education, and training requirements necessary for an individual to obtain a level of competency as an electrical test technician.
- The 3 Main Methods of Electrical Testing Testing electrical equipment in the field is the best way to assure that it will perform its design functions safely and adequately.
External links are provided by our community of test technicians. Please submit any resources that you feel may be helpful to this topic.
Recommended: Study tips for the NETA exam
Share this page