- Basic test equipment - Understand the operation, application, and care of commonly used test equipment such as insulation resistance test set, contact resistance test set, and high potential test set.
- Basic Test Equipment: Insulation Resistance Tester Most commonly referred to as simply a "megger," the insulation resistance test set (or Megohmeter) is used to determine the condition of insulation on various types of electrical equipment like cables, transformers and switchgear.
- A Guide to Low Resistance Testing [PDF] Understanding and Measuring Low Resistance to Ensure Electrical System Performance.
- Portable AC Hipot Test Sets [PDF] Hipotential test sets are high voltage ouput test sets for application on overhead apparatus, vacuum bottles and interrupters, switchgear, bus duct, motorized vacuum switches, reclosers, bushings, fuses and arrestors, linemans safety products, small transformers, electrical components and motors.
- Kelvin Bridge measuring instrument used to measure unknown electrical resistors below 1 ohm. It is specifically designed to measure resistors that are constructed as four terminal resistors.
- Wheatstone Bridge Electrical circuit used to measure an unknown electrical resistance by balancing two legs of a bridge circuit, one leg of which includes the unknown component.
- Multimeter use - Select correct multimeter scales and ranges. Recognize the limitations of ohm, voltage, and current scales. Recognize basic problems such as weak batteries or defective leads.
- Using a Multimeter [PDF] A multimeter is a devise used to measure voltage, resistance and current in electronics & electrical equipment.
- ABCs of DMMs [PDF] Learn how to make measurements, and how DMMs (Digital Multimeter) differ from one another.
- How to read an analog multimeter Although digital multimeters are far more common nowadays, using an analog test meter can still produce readings that are more than accurate enough for all but the most exacting requirements.
External links are provided by our community of test technicians. Please submit any resources that you feel may be helpful to this topic.
Recommended: Study tips for the NETA exam
Share this page