- AC and DC circuits - Understand complex ac and dc circuits and the effects of variable speed controllers.
- System Problems and Electronic Loads: Harmonics, Resonance, and Commutation [PDF]With the increased use of electronic loads such as variable frequency drives (VFD) and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), power quality problems are becoming more common. These power quality problems can be difficult to identify and can be even more difficult to correct.
- Q&A: Harmonics in power systems Harmonics in power systems are a major concern as they are becoming increasingly prevalent and they can give rise to serious problems that include excessive heating and premature equipment failure.
- Harmonics - What You Should Know Electronic equipment (switching power supplies) draws current differently than non-electronic equipment. Instead of a load having a constant impedance drawing current in proportion to the sinusoidal voltage, electronic devices change their impedance by switching on and off near the peak of the voltage waveform.
- Dielectric theory - Understand dielectric properties of various types of insulations.
External links are provided by our community of test technicians. Please submit any resources that you feel may be helpful to this topic.
Recommended: Study tips for the NETA exam
Share this page